At Entangled Publishing, we believe authors who write great books should receive a majority of the profits. We also believe authors interested in the lucrative indie publishing model shouldn’t have to sacrifice quality editing, commercial covers, or the power of a New York-style marketing machine.
That’s where we come in. Founded by an industry-savvy team, Entangled Publishing utilizes a bold new business model to bridge the gap between traditional and self-publishing publishing, giving our authors the best of both worlds. We implement the agency model across all departments at Entangled, which means everyone from the editor to the publicity director has a financial stake in your book.
In other words, we don’t make money unless you make money.
Entangled Select is our single title imprint, released simultaneously in digital and print formats. This imprint follows a more traditional editorial calendar, with publication twelve to eighteen months after acquisition, which allows for wider print distribution. Select is distributed by Macmillan, one of the largest print distributors in the world. Emphasis is placed on shelving these titles in brick and mortar stores in an effort to maximize visibility and availability to our target audience.
Entangled Teen is a high-concept, engaging line of books geared to the Young Adult audience. Thanks to a more traditional editorial calendar of twelve to eighteen months between acquisition and publication, Entangled Teen is distributed by Macmillan, one of the largest print distributors in the world. Emphasis is placed on shelving Entangled Teen titles in brick and mortar stores in an effort to maximize visibility and availability to our target audience.
Find out about Entangled Select and Entangled Teen submissions here.
Our category romance imprints Indulgence, Brazen, Bliss, Covet, Edge, Ignite, Scandalous, and our New Adult imprint, Embrace, are released in digital format first on a wide variety of platforms. With high royalty rates and price points that attract buyers, these lines have been very successful for Entangled and its authors. Many of our digital titles have hit Amazon and Barnes & Noble’s bestseller lists, and more than twenty have made it onto the USA Today and NY Times bestseller lists.
- Simultaneous print and electronic releases for our Entangled Select and Entangled Teen imprints.
- A powerhouse distributor dedicated to getting your print books shelved around the world and e-books in hands of readers worldwide.
- A dedicated promo budget and publicist assigned to every book, who will create a personalized marketing plan as well as manage the details of putting all of the pieces together. We don’t just point you toward promotion opportunities, we create them.
- An aggressive, experienced subrights department consisting of a Foreign Rights Director based in NY, and a Performance Rights Manager based in Hollywood, who work tirelessly to license subsidiary rights for our entire catalog!
- Advertising that targets readers via organized blog tours, magazine ads, review sites, and book clubs. All organized and paid for by us, of course.
- High-quality, NY-style covers. Did a fabulous author offer to blurb your book? You better believe it’s going on the cover. We’ll even help you get that great cover quote!
- Top-notch editing performed by award-winning content and line editors.
In return, we expect:
- Great stories with fresh voices
- A professional web presence
- Participation in the blog tours, interviews, and contests we organize
- Authors who want to work with a publisher who treats them like a business partner
So, how can we pull all of this off?
- We retain sub-rights rights — including foreign, commercial merchandizing, and performance rights — and sell them aggressively through our sub-rights personnel.
- After the distributor takes their cut, fixed costs have been paid, and our authors receive their royalty checks (35% of digital cover price and 7.5% for POD trade paperback), the remaining royalties are split between the individuals working for Entangled, all of whom earn a percentage of sales rather than a salary. This financial stake in every book motivates us to put out the best product possible and work hard to drive sales.
- Our budget for each book includes a promotion and production allowance. Additionally, without the stifling overhead of a traditional publisher, we’re flexible enough to price our books competitively, positioning titles for optimal sales.
- We pay modest advances and offset the lack of large advances with a high royalty rate paid monthly.
Entangled Publishing continues to break the traditional publishing mold by offering every author strong editorial support, a publicist, a personalized marketing plan, and world-class distribution for all of their titles. With its unique revenue-sharing business model, Entangled has managed to assemble an amazing staff of more than forty talented individuals and industry leaders in a record time frame, contracting over one hundred seventy-five titles within nine months of launch. If you’re interested in querying Entangled Publishing, please visit our Submissions page.