At Entangled Publishing, we believe authors who write great books should receive a majority of the profits. We also believe authors interested in the lucrative indie publishing model shouldn’t have to sacrifice quality editing, commercial covers, or the power of a New York-style marketing machine.
That’s where we come in. Founded by an industry-savvy team, Entangled Publishing utilizes a bold new business model to bridge the gap between traditional and self-publishing publishing, giving our authors the best of both worlds. We implement the agency model across all departments at Entangled, which means everyone from the editor to the publicity director has a financial stake in your book.
In other words, we don’t make money unless you make money.
Our books are distributed by Macmillan, one of the largest print distributors in the world. Certain titles will be offered as simultaneous print and digital releases with placement in brick and mortar stores to maximize visibility and availability to our target audience, while others begin as digital-first titles while we grow the readership for your series.
Entangled is proud to offer some of the highest royalties in the industry. Print royalties begin at 7.5% of cover price. When releasing simultaneously in print, ebook royalties are 20% of cover price. Digital-first releases receive up to 35% of cover price.
- Entangled Select (adult single title)
- Entangled TEEN (young adult single title)
- Embrace (new adult single title)
Embrace ushers readers from the halls of high school graduation into the wide open world beyond. With protagonists typically ranging from 18-24, Embrace publishes high-concept stories that focus on the endless possibilities this stage in life brings, and above all, romance. Heat levels vary.
Entangled Select is our adult romance imprint, encompassing all subgenres of romance including contemporary, suspense, sci-fi, historical, paranormal and fantasy. The romance should be a primary focus in the story, and heat levels vary.
Entangled TEEN is a high-concept, engaging line of books geared to the young adult audience. We accept submissions in all subgenres including contemporary, suspense, sci-fi, historical, paranormal and fantasy, and require there be at least a romantic subplot.
Category Romance Imprints
Our category romance imprints are released digital-first across a wide variety of platforms. With high royalty rates and price points that attract buyers, these lines have been very successful for Entangled and its authors. Many of our titles have appeared on Amazon and Barnes & Noble’s bestseller lists, and more than twenty have hit the USA TODAY and New York Times bestseller lists. Three are currently RITA finalists.
More information on the specific imprints can be found on their respective submission pages.
- Brazen (sexy contemporary category romance with high heat levels)
- Lovestruck (flirty contemporary category romance about finding love in the modern world)
- Bliss (sweet contemporary category romance with a small-town, family vibe)
- Indulgence (contemporary category romance with rich and powerful alpha heroes)
- Ignite (suspenseful category romance)
- Scandalous (historical category romance)
- Covet (contemporary category romance with a paranormal twist)
Every author we contract receives:
- A powerhouse distributor dedicated to shelving our print books and getting your ebooks in hands of readers worldwide.
- A dedicated promo budget and publicity team assigned to every book. Our publicists will put together a personalized marketing plan, as well as manage the details that bring all of the pieces together. We don’t just point you toward promotion opportunities, we create them.
- An aggressive, experienced subrights department consisting of a Foreign Rights Director based in NY and a Performance Rights Manager based in Hollywood, who work tirelessly to license subsidiary rights for our entire catalog.
- Advertising that targets readers via organized blog tours, magazine ads, review sites, and book clubs. All organized and paid for by us, of course.
- High-quality, NY-style covers. Did a fabulous author offer to blurb your book? You better believe it’s going on the cover. We’ll even help you get that great cover quote.
- Top-notch editing performed by award-winning content and line editors. We believe in editing the book, not the manuscript, and love helping authors bring out the best in their stories!
- A team who stands behind you and your books every step of the way. We invest a considerable amount of time and money into our authors, so helping build your career within Entangled is as important to us as it is to you.
In return, we expect:
- Great stories with fresh voices
- A professional web presence
- Participation in the blog tours, interviews, and contests we organize
- Authors who want to work with a publisher who treats them like a partner, and who treat us as a partner in return
So, how can we pull all of this off?
- We retain sub-rights—including foreign, commercial merchandizing, and performance rights—and sell them aggressively through our sub-rights personnel.
- After the distributor takes their cut, fixed costs have been paid, and our authors receive their royalty checks (35% of cover price for digital-first ebooks, 20% of cover price for simultaneous print/digital ebooks, and 7.5% for print), the remaining royalties are split between the individuals working for Entangled, all of whom earn a percentage of sales rather than a salary. This financial stake in every book motivates us to put out the best product possible and work hard to drive sales.
- Our budget for each book includes a promotion and production allowance. Additionally, without the stifling overhead of a traditional publisher, we’re flexible enough to price our books competitively, positioning titles for optimal sales.
- We pay modest advances, and offset the lack of large advances with a high royalty rate.
Entangled Publishing continues to break the traditional publishing mold by offering every author strong editorial support, a personalized marketing plan, and world-class distribution for all of their titles. With its unique revenue-sharing business model, Entangled has assembled an amazing staff of more than forty talented individuals and industry leaders in a record time frame, contracting over one hundred seventy-five titles within nine months of launch. If you’re interested in querying Entangled Publishing, please visit our submissions portal.