Are you an experienced cover artist, publicist, or editor? We’re always looking to expand our consulting and freelance team, and would love to hear from you!
- For marketing/publicist positions, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your professional marketing and/or publicity experience to the Marketing Director at marketing(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com.
- For editorial positions at Entangled, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your professional experience, titles edited, and publishing background to employment(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com. At this time, we are only considering candidates with professional editorial experience within the romance and/or young adult fiction genres.
- For cover artist positions, send a cover letter and a link to your online portfolio to the Publisher at employment(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com.
Entangled Publishing, LLC is seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant to work with its finance team. This person will work as a part-time, telecommuting, independent contractor for this Colorado-based company. It is anticipated that this job will require about 10 hours per week.
The AP Accountant will perform accounting functions as assigned by members of the finance department with an emphasis on managing Accounts Payable. Monthly duties will include the following:
• Managing the AP system in QuickBooks.
• Reviewing and assisting Finance in approving invoices for payment, including payments to authors (advances and royalties).
• Verifying the accuracy of the vendor files, including securing necessary documentation for new vendors such as W9’s and W8’s, and accurately identifying 1099 vendors. Prepare 1099’s and 1042’s at year end.
• Uploading and reconciling all AP activity into QuickBooks. In addition to vendor invoices and author payments, this includes automatic banking activities such as credit card payments, PayPal activity, and bank wires.
• Run necessary AP reports and analysis to assist Finance and Controller in preparing monthly financial reports, and helps the CFO to insure the integrity of the company’s financials.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in accounting and at least 10 years of accounting experience having achieved the level of Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller. Candidates must be highly skilled in QuickBooks and Excel.
The Ideal Candidate
The company is based in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and the ideal candidate is local so that you could meet with the Finance Director from time-to-time; however, the company will consider non-local applicants. This is a perfect position for an independent Accountant/Bookkeeper looking for an additional client, or for anyone no longer looking to work full time.
Entangled is an independent publisher of Romance novels, and is distributed by Macmillan. For more information visit our website at http://www.entangledpublishing.com/
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and email to employment(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com. Please put AP MANAGER in the subject line. No calls please.