Are you an experienced cover artist, publicist, or editor? We’re always looking to expand our consulting and freelance team, and would love to hear from you!
- For marketing/publicist positions, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your professional marketing and/or publicity experience to the Marketing Director at marketing(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com.
- For editorial positions at Entangled, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your professional experience, titles edited, and publishing background to employment(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com. At this time, we are only considering candidates with professional editorial experience within the romance and/or young adult fiction genres.
- For cover artist positions, send a cover letter and a link to your online portfolio to the Publisher at employment(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com.
Entangled Publishing seeks an enthusiastic, and service-oriented candidate possessing a minimum of two years of experience publicizing teen books and promoting books online.
This candidate should be experienced in creating and implementing strategic publicity and online marketing and social media campaigns and able to work well with others. Experience of the marketplace and interacting professionally with some of the following is a plus: press reviewers and journalists, bloggers, which includes YA bloggers, booksellers, online retailers, and our authors.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded by industry-savvy women, Entangled Publishing’s bold new business model combines powerhouse distribution with the agility of indie publishing, utilizing innovative digital strategies to connect with readers around the world.
Our revolutionary approach to publishing has led to phenomenal growth and success. The company opened for submissions in February 2011. Our first print titles released in August 2011, and we launched our first category romance imprint six months later. We now have 11 imprints serving the teen and adult romance marketplace, have signed over 600 authors, and release 35-50 books each month.
To date, we have 36 USA TODAY and 14 New York Times bestsellers. Entangled was also the first small press to crack the New York Times Bestselling Children’s Series list, debuting at #4.
• Draft strategic publicity and help with marketing campaigns that will fuel book sales.
• Create and maintain target hit lists for our teen books, both digital and print.
• Write press releases containing persuasive leads.
• Write up marketing one-sheets that we will share with our distributor, Macmillan.
• Work with our review specialist to send out review requests and eBlasts to bloggers and other reviewers.
• Seek out, cultivate, and manage relationships with influential YA reviewers, bloggers, journalists, and professional organizations.
• Regularly capture PR links and reviews of the books that we can send onto Macmillan.
• Archive strong press quotes and endorsements
• Work with our social media specialist to help promote the new releases and upcoming books.
• Trade shows/conventions/conferences/author engagements: On occasion, this candidate would need to attend or staff an EP booth and talk about the books.
• Entertainment: This candidate should feel comfortable entertaining key press and top bloggers.
• 2-3 years of book publicity and marketing experience.
• Prior experience within the publishing industry.
• A familiarity with all Word programs, including Excel, as well as Dropbox, Google Docs, and Smartsheet.
• Familiarity with top social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
• Familiarity with top YA blogs, websites, and press opportunities featuring visual and creative arts.
• Ability to work both reactively and proactively within a moment’s notice.
• Ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Cheerful dependability.
• Please note that a familiarity with book sales and the marketplace are big pluses, especially when it comes to teen books. Knowing where the market is at now and where it’s headed, will help a lot.