Brazen Submission Guidelines
Brazen, our bestselling sexy contemporary romance line, explores what happens when romance begins in the bedroom. These steamy category-style romances blend the brightest new voices in the genre with familiar tropes, allowing readers to enjoy the more seductive side of modern relationships. Whether they’re witty and playful, or lush and intense, our books are always fast-paced, dialogue-heavy, and above all, sexy. If you like your heroes hot, the sex hotter, and a swoon-worthy romance to swoop in and save your happily ever after, Brazen has the story for you.
Unleash your inner vixen. We know you want to.
Specifically, we want:
- Proven category tropes such as mistaken identity, revenge, one-night-stand, older brother’s best friend, enemies-to-lovers, best friends-to-lovers, bait and switch, matchmaker, sexy protectors, opposites attract, boardroom romance, etc. Bonus points if you combine a few of them into one story!
- Sexy, capable alpha heroes paired with spunky and/or sweet heroines who come into their own by book’s end. Heroes must be in a high-powered or heroic profession. Think military (current and former), bad-boy billionaires, athletes, corporate tycoons, private security teams, firefighters, police, and small town-boys-done-good. Our readers love variety.
- Stories that focus on the hero and heroine’s physical relationship. This is the most important difference between the Indulgence and Brazen imprints. On the Indulgence line, the emotional connection between the characters drives the romance. Here at Brazen, the opposite is the case—the explosive physical connection between the hero and heroine is the story and propels the characters toward love. Remove the sex and there’d be no romance.
- High heat level. We do not publish erotica or straight erotic romance (see trope requirements above), but explicit sex scenes and erotic elements/kinks organic to the characters’ sexual tastes are musts. Brazen books are steamy.
- A note about suspense. We love sexy cops and private security heroes, but if your romance to suspense ratio is greater than 85/15, it’s likely better suited for Entangled Suspense. They love steamy books just as much as we do!
- Authors with voices we love: Maya Banks, Katee Robert, Laura Kaye, Cari Quinn, Christine Bell, Gina L. Maxwell, Samanthe Beck, Rhonda Nelson, Sarah Mayberry, and Tessa Bailey.
The fine print:
- Manuscripts should be between 20k-60K words in length. Unless you are an established category romance author querying on proposal, manuscripts must be complete prior to submission.
- Revised backlist titles will be considered on a case by case basis.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions at this time.
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please use the following link:
Follow us on Twitter