Brazen Submission Guidelines
Brazen, our steamy category-style contemporary romance imprint, blends bright new voices with familiar tropes, allowing readers to enjoy the more seductive side of modern relationships. Whether they’re witty and playful, or lush and intense, our books are always fast-paced, dialogue-heavy, and above all, sexy. If you like your heroes hot, the sex hotter, and a swoon-worthy romance to swoop in and deliver a happily ever after, Brazen has the story for you.
Specifically, we want:
- Proven category tropes such as enemies-to-lovers, best friends-to-lovers, mistaken identity, revenge, one-night-stand, fish out of water, older brother’s best friend, sexy protectors, opposites attract, boardroom romance, bait and switch, matchmaker, etc. Bonus points if you combine a few of them into one story.
- Compelling stories with a high heat level. Brazen books are fun, sexy, and emotionally satisfying. In addition to scintillating sexual tension, we want to see explicit love scenes organic to the story’s characters. If you can make us laugh AND cry, you’ve got our attention!
- Sexy, capable heroes paired with spunky and/or sweet heroines. As the quote goes, “You know what’s sexier than a bad boy? A badass man that has his shit together.” Think small town-boys-done-good, anti-heroes, cowboys, athletes, military (current and former), firefighters, cops, sexy nerds, guys that own their own business, and CEOs. Dirty talkers not required.
- Diversity. In addition to traditional M/F romance, we’re open to M/M and F/F category romance. Multicultural characters are welcome.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. Both 1st and 3rd person POV are welcome.
- A note about suspense. We love sexy cops and private security heroes, but suspenseful stories are better suited to Ignite. They love steamy books just as much as we do!
- Authors with voices we love: Gina L. Maxwell, Tessa Bailey, Christine Bell, Cari Quinn, Samanthe Beck, Laura Kaye, Elle Kennedy, Katee Robert, Joya Ryan, Sara Jane Stone, and Megan Erickson.
The fine print:
- Manuscripts should be between 45k-60K words in length. We consider novellas on a case by case basis, especially when tied to existing Brazen series or part of a specific call for submissions.
- Unless you are an established category romance author querying on proposal, manuscripts must be complete prior to submission.
- Revised backlist titles are considered on a very limited case by case basis.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions at this time.
Follow us on Twitter