Covet Submission Guidelines
Covet is seeking contemporary paranormal romances between 50k and 70K words in length. Our stories have a romantic trope and an alpha hero at their core, with the paranormal elements and worldbuilding taking a backseat to the growing relationship. Think older brother’s best friend…who just happens to be a vampire. Fresh voices are a must!
Covet will cater to everything from Greek gods, to witches, to vampires, open door and closed door sex scenes, funny and dark. Voices like Erin McCarthy, Shelly Laurenston, Gena Showalter, and Nalini Singh are good examples of the kind of exciting, fast-paced voices that will appeal most to Covet readers.
Specifically, we want:
- Quality, fast-paced storytelling with engaging dialogue and fresh voices.
- Active story lines. A minimum of narrative sequel.
- Stories focused on the heroine and hero falling in love. Their trope is the main focus. The paranormal elements and worldbuilding should be secondary.
- Bold authors who aren’t afraid to push creative boundaries.
- Prolific authors who can write three to four books a year are a plus.
- Stories can be closed door to very hot with explicit language, but we do not want erotica.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd person POV is preferred, but we will consider 1st person POV.
- Manuscripts must be 50-70K words in length.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.