Edge, our digital-first single-title romance line, takes its lead from our popular Select imprint but gives its novels an edge in the marketplace by bringing great stories to readers at reasonable prices in a quick-and-easy way. Whether sexy or sweet, traditional romance or love and lust with a women’s fiction bent, at the center of every Edge book is heart. From Urban Fantasy to Contemporary Romance to Science Fiction Romance, Edge has a book for all romance readers—and right at their fingertips! As they say, all’s fair in love and war.
We’re excited to have the chance to acquire a variety of compelling novels for our Edge imprint. With more flexibility than many other imprints, Edge is seeking a wide range of genres and styles:
- All submissions require strong romantic elements—Edge is all about heart, after all!
- As a digital-first imprint, there is more flexibility with page count, though as a single-title line, our preference is a word count of 70-120K.
- We’re looking for fresh, engaging voices, always.
- Strong, realistic dialogue
- Active and engaging storytelling
- Unique and creative (perhaps even unusual) stories and settings. Edge is a great way to reach niche markets, and even markets that are only just beginning to spout.
- Entangled is not an erotic romance publisher, but we certainly do love when it’s hot! We consider novels of all heat levels, as long as the erotic elements are secondary to the story.
- Sweet and/or sexy contemporary romances.
- Historical romances of all time periods. Feel free to travel back in time at will.
- Women’s fiction with strong romantic elements. The romance doesn’t have to come first, but it needs to be number two!
- New twists on Urban Fantasy and Paranormal
- Fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat Romantic Suspense/Thrillers
- Original and out-of-this-world Science Fiction and Fantasy
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please send the following to edge-submissions(at)entangledpublishing(dot)com:
- A one-page query letter containing your genre, title, word count, a brief blurb about the book, series information, and any pertinent writing credentials. Please also let us know if the manuscript is complete.
- The first three (3) double-spaced chapters.
- Where we can find you on the web (please include links)
- Established authors with a proven sales record within the genre or have published with a large house are welcome to query with a standard proposal package of three chapters, a synopsis, and a query.
- Revised backlist titles and previously self-published books will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions, though agented submissions receive first priority in the submissions pile.
Queries may also be sent directly to the editors:
Danielle Poiesz, Editorial Director –daniellepoiesz(at)entangledpublishing.com
Wish list: Humorous voices that still contain emotional depth, and smart, spunky (and perhaps snarky) heroines are my weaknesses. I want to have laughed, cried, and smiled by the end of a book. I also have a soft spot for magical realism. Seeking: Contemporary romances in the vein of Lisa Kleypas, Kristan Higgins, and Susan Mallery. Clever and sharp urban fantasy—think Jeaniene Frost, Allison Pang, and Molly Harper. Sexy historical romance like Sabrina Jeffries, Sarah MacLean, and Karen Hawkins. Women’s fiction with strong romantic elements—channel Sarah Addison Allen, Kristin Hannah, and Nicholas Sparks. Romantic suspense à la Suzanne Brockman, Laura Griffin, J.D. Robb, and the like.
Stacy Cantor Abrams, Editorial Director, Entangled Teen – stacy(at)entangledpublishing.com
Wish list: Contemporary settings with modern-day women in ordinary or extraordinary settings are my main wish. Voices and plot lines such as Jennifer Weiner, Jennifer Echols, or Lauren Weisberger. “Ripped from the headlines” human interest stories with multiple POVs in the vein of Jodi Picoult would also be fantastic. Mysteries or thrillers such as GONE GIRL, friendship stories (still with a romantic element) such as the YA-YA SISTERHOOD, M/M stories with a focus on emotionality, or fun high-heat stories that don’t take themselves too seriously are also wishes!
Heather Howland, Senior Editor – heather(at)entangledpublishing.com
Wish list: Sassy, sexy contemporary romance. Dark, psychological paranormal or sci-fi romance set in contemporary or near-future worlds. Series that focus on men in a protector role (military, ex-military, mercenaries, police officers/detectives, firefighters, private security—or the paranormal equivalent). Tortured heroes. Sports romance. Anything set in Alaska. Small-town series that follow a family of brothers/their little sister as they each find love. I also enjoy fresh takes on fairytales/well-known legends (I tend to avoid epic fantasy, so keep it modern).
Libby Murphy, Senior Editor – libby(at)entangledpublishing.com
Wish list: Looking for quirky romantic comedies, preferably set in small towns, or fish-out-of-water stories featuring metropolitan and/or small-town characters. Loves all things paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy romance with geeks, superheroes, zombies, and twists on myths. Stories set around disasters or post-apocalyptic events are definitely welcome, but should be geared toward finding a happily-ever-after amidst the chaos.
Theresa Cole, Associate Editor – theresa(at)entangledpublishing.com
Wish list: Paranormal and historical romance with secret societies and/or twists on religion; Romance featuring sassy women and dark, dangerous, tortured heroes. Basically any romance that either tears my heart out or melts it into a puddle but hasn’t been done a thousand times already.
PLEASE NOTE: A rejection from one editor is a rejection from all. Please do not query another editor with the same manuscript unless invited to do so.
If we request your manuscript, please adhere to the following format:
RTF files only
12 pt Times New Roman font
Please allow up to eight weeks for a response to queries and requests.
Unless we request a revise and resubmit, full manuscript rejections are final.