Ignite Submission Guidelines
Ignite, Entangled’s sexy category romantic suspense imprint, pairs smart, resourceful heroines with romance’s hottest heroes, burning up the pages with a rush of adrenaline and sizzling attraction. Our books contain twists on classic tropes, bold voices, and compelling stories that draw readers into a page-turning world of romance and intrigue.
Put a match to your emotions. Set fire to your senses. Ignite your passions.
Specifically, we want to see:
- 25-65k word novels and novellas. All books, including series, must able to stand alone, and feature a HEA ending.
- Proven tropes such as tortured hero, protector, bad boy/good girl, revenge, forbidden love, mistaken identity, forced proximity, intimate strangers, enemies to lovers, best friends to lovers, and reluctant partners in justice—or crime. We prefer at least three tropes in each full-length story.
- Stories that focus on the romance. We prefer a 70/30 romance to suspense ratio with the hero and heroine on the page together at least 85% of the time, and suspense must be vital to the plot. If you were to remove suspense from an Ignite, there would be no story.
- Confident, sexy heroes and the kickass heroines who go toe-to-toe with them. We’re particularly interested in heroes who are current and former spec-ops/military, FBI/CIA agents, law enforcement, and cowboys.
- High heat levels. We do not publish erotica or straight erotic romance (see trope requirements above), but explicit sex scenes and erotic elements/kinks organic to the characters’ sexual tastes are welcome.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd person POV is preferred. In rare instances, we will consider the addition of your villain’s POV.
- Tone can be anything from dark and sexy to snarky and fun.
- Voices we love: Linda Bond, Naima Simone, Dee Tenorio, Avery Flynn, and Tonya Burrows.
- We are not considering backlist or previously published work at this time.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.