Entangled Suspense Submission Guidelines
ENTANGLED SUSPENSE: The Nina Bruhns Collection is Entangled Publishing’s dynamic new imprint for romantic suspense/mystery/thriller novels. Our Entangled Suspense editors are looking for bold voices and compelling stories that will pull our readers into a page-turning world of thrills, sizzles, chills, and intrigue. Whether you write sweet or steamy, cops, para-ops, or special ops, cozy village sleuths, or mile-a-minute whirlwind adventures, if your mystery, suspense, or thriller includes a romance with a happy, committed ending, we want to see it!
Make us gasp. Make us cry. Make us think. Make our hearts pound. Make us feel the rush of adrenaline and the sizzle of attraction.
As do all our lines, Entangled Suspense offers authors e-royalties up to 40% of cover price. These books will be priced competitively, and sold digitally-only for now.
Specifically, our Entangled Suspense editors want to see:
- 40k-100K word, compelling novels with danger, excitement, and flair
- Quality storytelling, quality writing, expertly crafted story-structure
- A ratio of suspense/mystery to romance of anywhere from 20/80 to 80/20
- Authors who can seamlessly weave a romance with the suspense, mystery, or thrills
- Authors who know the classic RS storylines, but aren’t afraid to push creative boundaries
- Proven tropes such as woman-in-jeopardy, forced proximity, intimate strangers, snowbound, bodyguards, PIs, military heroes, para-ops, legal thrills, sheriffs, sleeping-with-the-enemy, and reluctant partners in crime or justice are ones we love
- We also want plotlines outside the normal purview of RS, such as amateur sleuth, hard-boiled detective, sweet cozy mystery, medical/science, contemporary gothics, super-sensual thrillers—as long as the story has a strong, committed romance on the page
- Well-developed characters with emotional depth, even in plot-driven stories
- Pacing appropriate to the story—active storylines and active characters, even if they take their time resolving the story issue (mystery, crime, etc)
- Any level of sensuality from closed door to super steamy; no adultery please!
- The hero and heroine must be on the page together for a reasonable amount of the book
- From unpublished authors: stand-alone books only; queried ms must be completed
- From published authors: single or multi-author series or continuities welcome
- Authors previously published in romantic suspense, thrillers, and mystery are especially welcome; revised backlist titles will be considered on a case by case basis
- Entangled Suspense will accept both agented and unagented submissions
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please use the following link: