Entangled IGNITE Submission Guidelines
IGNITE Submission Guidelines
IGNITE is Entangled Publishing’s dynamic new imprint for romantic suspense/mystery/thriller novels. Our editors are looking for fresh, bold voices, fast-paced dialogue, and compelling stories that will pull our readers into a page-turning world of steamy romance, intrigue, thrills, chills, and sizzling adventure. A quick-moving, tightly written story that culminates in “Happily Ever After” is crucial.
Whether your mystery, suspense, or thriller is gothicly dark, sassy and humorous, or a whirlwind adventure, if it centers on a romance with a happy, committed ending, we want to see it!
Put a match to our emotions. Set fire to our senses. Ignite our passions. Make us think—be irreverent. Make our hearts pound or make us LMAO. We want to feel the rush of adrenaline and the sizzle of attraction. Give us the book you’d want to read and that your audience won’t be able to put down even if they have to lie awake all night reading.
As do all our lines, IGNITE offers authors e-royalties up to 40% of cover price. These books will be priced competitively, and sold digitally-only for now.
Specifically, our IGNITE editors want to see:
- 40k-80K word, compelling novels with danger, excitement, and flair—and romance!
- Quality storytelling, quality writing, expertly crafted story-structure, fresh voices
- A ratio of 60% romance to 40% suspense/mystery/intrigue—the romance is key
- synopsis with your completed manuscript
- From published authors: single or multi-author series or continuities welcome
- Authors previously published in romantic suspense, thrillers, and mystery are especially welcome; no backlist titles or previously published work of any sort will be considered at this time
- IGNITE accepts both agented and un-agented submissions
Examples of what we’re looking for:
- Relationships similar to the one in J. Lynn’s WAIT FOR ME (but with a suspense/mystery/intrigue/adventure chaser!)
- Passion and suspense that brings to mind the movie BODY HEAT—with a happily ever after climax.
- Stories as compelling as those in Stephanie Freeman’s Necessary Evil series
- Characters whose behavior and attitudes are so irreverent or outside the box that we’re taken by surprise or have to laugh such as those in Leslie Langtry’s Bombay Family of Assassins series, or like Grandma Mazur in Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum books (although we’re looking for much younger main characters ☺)
- Fresh voices like Tricia Skinner, Holly Trent, Annie Seaton, Colleen Connally, Linda Wisdom
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please use the following link:
Submit to Entangled IGNITE