Ignite Submission Guidelines
Ignite, Entangled’s romantic suspense, mystery, and thriller imprint, pairs sexy heroes and smart, confident heroines with the rush of adrenaline and sizzling attraction. Our books contain bold voices, fast-paced dialogue, and compelling stories that draw readers into a page-turning world of romance and intrigue. Whether you’re into snarky mysteries or edgy thrillers, Ignite has the story for you.
Put a match to your emotions. Set fire to your senses. Ignite your passions.
Specifically, we want to see:
- 25-80k word novels and novellas. All books, including series, must able to stand alone, and feature a HEA or happy-for-now ending.
- The perfect blend of romance, danger, excitement, and flair.
If the hero and heroine is on the page together for at least 75% of the story, you may have an Ignite on your hands!
- Stories that focus on the romance. We prefer a 60:40 romance to suspense ratio.
- Confident heroes and kickass heroines. Well-developed characters are a must. We’d like to see more characters who are just starting out and finding their way in life rather than fully established in their careers. Reader love suspense heroes. Current favorites include cowboys, spec-ops/military, and FBI/law enforcement.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd person POV is preferred, but we will consider 1st person POV.
- Proven tropes such as tortured hero, bad boy/good girl, forbidden love, redemption, forced proximity, intimate strangers, enemies to lovers, and reluctant partners in justice—or crime!
- Heat levels that range from smoldering to scintillating.
- Tone can be anything from modern gothic to snarky fun to dark and edgy.
- Things we love: the passion and suspense of the movie Body Heat (but with a HEA ending), fresh voices like Stacia Kane, Cherry Adair, Darynda Jones, Jodi Linton, Ashlee Mallory, Tonya Burrows, Avery Flynn, JL Hammer, and Michelle Sharp, and stories as compelling as Stephanie Freeman’s Necessary Evil series.
- We are not considering backlist or previously published work at this time.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.