Indulgence Submission Guidelines
At the heart of every Indulgence is the ultimate fantasy hero. The kind of man who knows how to wield the power, wealth, and drive he possesses, and can’t be derailed…until he meets the heroine.
Powerful heroes. Passionate romance. That’s Indulgence.
Specifically, we want:
- Active, fast-paced, and dialogue-heavy stories.
- Proven category tropes including, but not limited to, revenge, blackmail, ugly duckling, enemies to lovers, mistaken identity, marriage of convenience, fake engagement, matchmaker, and Cinderella. We prefer to see at least three tropes in every story.
- Stories featuring alpha heroes and the confident, determined women (or men!) who love them.
- Strong conflict. Cannot be stressed enough. What is keeping these two apart and how do they overcome the obstacles? Please have clear and convincing GMC for hero and heroine.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd person POV is preferred. No secondary characters should have their own POV.
- The heat level can be mild to scintillating.
- Unsure whether you’ve written an Indulgence, a Lovestruck, or a Brazen? Indulgence heroes are fantasy men who know how to wield the power and wealth they possess. Lovestruck focuses on everyday men and women finding love in unexpected places. Brazen stories are driven by the hero and heroine’s physical relationship.
- Authors we love: Maisey Yates, Susan Mallery, Kate Hewitt, Jennifer Probst.
- Manuscripts must be 45-60K words in length.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.